Social and fundraising
Holy Land Tour presentation
7pm Tue 24th Sept, Parish Centre, Plymouth Road, Tavistock
Andrew Steven (formerly of St Andrew's Whitchurch) is leading a pilgrimage to the Holy Land in March next year and is looking for others to join. The presentation is for anyone who may be interested in coming or who would just like to learn a bit more about Israel. For more details of the tour, visit https://www.stcatherinesbrynamman.org (...).
Regular social events
This is a compilation of regular and one-off social events hosted by churches in the area. If you know of any events that could be added, or if you notice any mistakes, please contact .
Whitchurch Community Hall (Stable), Church Hill, Whitchurch (for directions, click here)
Thursdays: 4pm - Beginners; 4.30pm - Anyone else
Further information: Brian - 01822 614166
Meals, cafés etc
- Lower Deck Café, 10am-2pm Fridays, United Reformed Church, Russell St, Tavistock PL19 8BD. Contact
for more info.
- Hope Cottage Café, 10am-12.30pm Monday - Saturday, 41 Fore St, Bere Alston PL20 7AB. Tel: 01822 840320 for more info.
- Open Door lunch, first Thursday in the month at 12 noon, Tavistock Methodist Church, Chapel St, Tavistock. Contact for more info.
- Friendly Friday Coffee Mornings, Fridays between 10 am and 12 pm, St Eustachius. Contact for more info.
Knit & Natter groups
- First and third Mondays in the month at 1:30pm, Tavistock Methodist Church, Chapel St, Tavistock. Contact
for more info.
- Wednesdays 10am - 12 noon, The Queen's Head (Wetherspoons) 79-80 West St, Tavistock PL19 8AQ
- Fridays 10am - 12 noon, United Reformed Church, Russell St, Tavistock. Contact for more info.
Other- Art4Fun: an art group which runs on Tuesdays 10-12 noon, United Reformed Church, Russell St, Tavistock. Contact for more info.
- Bere Alston-based social group which meets 2.30pm on the first and third Tuesdays of each month from September to June. They have various speakers and a social time. Phone Julie Archer on 840578 for details.