Social and fundraising
Regular social events
This is a compilation of regular and one-off social events hosted by churches in the area. If you know of any events that could be added, or if you notice any mistakes, please contact .
Whitchurch Community Hall (Stable), Church Hill, Whitchurch (for directions, click here)
Thursdays: 4pm - Beginners; 4.30pm - Anyone else
Further information: Brian - 01822 614166
Meals, cafés etc
- Lower Deck Café, 10am-2pm Fridays, United Reformed Church, Russell St, Tavistock PL19 8BD. Contact
for more info.
- Hope Cottage Café, 10am-12.30pm Monday - Saturday, 41 Fore St, Bere Alston PL20 7AB. Tel: 01822 840320 for more info.
- Open Door lunch, first Thursday in the month at 12 noon, Tavistock Methodist Church, Chapel St, Tavistock. Contact for more info.
- Friendly Friday Coffee Mornings, Fridays between 10 am and 12 pm, St Eustachius. Contact for more info.
Knit & Natter groups
- First and third Mondays in the month at 1:30pm, Tavistock Methodist Church, Chapel St, Tavistock. Contact
for more info.
- Wednesdays 10am - 12 noon, The Queen's Head (Wetherspoons) 79-80 West St, Tavistock PL19 8AQ
- Fridays 10am - 12 noon, United Reformed Church, Russell St, Tavistock. Contact for more info.
Other- Art4Fun: an art group which runs on Tuesdays 10-12 noon, United Reformed Church, Russell St, Tavistock. Contact for more info.
- Bere Alston-based social group which meets 2.30pm on the first and third Tuesdays of each month from September to June. They have various speakers and a social time. Phone Julie Archer on 840578 for details.